Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Forgetful Me

I vaguely recall something I mentioned about possibly sharing a super cute craft project in my next post. This was over a week ago. Hmmmmm. I completely blame this momentary bout of forgetfulness on the Holidays. And hey...at least I'm remembering now and not months from now, which I could totally see happening. I haven't had much time to work on it so I won't post any pictures of what I've done, but check out http://www.rosylittlethings.com/ and have a look. These are one of the cutest craft sets I've seen in awhile.

Last night Vaeh and I played a very intense game of Mouse Trap. Okay maybe it wasn't "intense" per se, but there was some serious giggling going on. She got it for Christmas and couldn't wait to break it out.

I loved this game as a child and I totally remember why. Unfortunately for Vaeh, beginners luck wasn't present.


I was the red mouse.

I try to make a very conscious effort to be present in Gabe and Vaeh's lives and if it means playing board games everyday then so be it. You would think working from home would allow me to be present, but not necessarily. Sure I get to see them everyday and all day long but that's not the same as being present. It's important to set aside time each day where I'm engaged in their activities, their conversations and their special moments. No matter how busy I get, missing out on their childhood is not worth anything in the world and I make sure I remember that.
I think one of my resolutions for 2010 is to slow down a little bit. I have a tendency to take on too much at once so I need to complete the tasks at hand before starting new ones. Maybe that will be my ONLY resolution this year. Less pressure. I like it.
Last year my goal was to try new things, things that interest me, so I don't look back on my life saying 'I wish I had tried that'. There are a lot of things that interest me so I really need to pace myself. Right now I'm taking a course in interior re-design/home staging and I am also getting my first year certificate in Biblical studies. The smart thing would have been to take on one at a time but that's so not my style. Working, homeschooling and taking two courses is a lot to manage. I've definitely learned my lesson though and will take next year to finish the courses up and then go from there, focusing on one thing at a time. It's no wonder I'm so forgetful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails