Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like....Spring Cleaning??

Today I was a busy gal. Today I cleaned like a mad woman. And not just typical cleaning was happening. I was on an organizing mission. A mission that would rival Martha Stewart's best day. Okay that's a big fat lie. But I did get a lot done today and it felt fabulous. I think what triggered my madness was the packing up of all the Christmas things around the house that we did on New Year's Eve. As much as I love, love, love Christmas, it felt so good to take the tree down, pack up all the trinkets and get my house back to normal. It felt like a really good way to spend New Year's Eve as well. Waking up on January 1st and not seeing any fake snow, or plush Santa's staring at me felt like a fresh start to the year. We did, however, partake in one activity on the 1st that involved a Christmas tree. 

Yes, that would be a Chia Pet. Vaeh has been asking for one for the last couple of Christmases and believe it or not the stores are sold out of them by the time I do my shopping. They only come out at Christmas time here, which doesn't help. This year she finally got one and has been chomping at the bit to start it. It's soaking in water in that picture but we have since spread the seeds and are awaiting sprouts. Exciting stuff, I know.

I'm a tiny bit disappointed as I really had the urge to do some crafting today but I got so caught up in cleaning that it just didn't happen. It was a cold, rainy day and it just made me feel so good to be at home. These kinds of days always seem to put me in the mood to craft. I did manage to get one small step closer to my big studio re-do and cleaned my office out. I did some crazy purging today. What a release that is!! Sometimes I wish there were more hours in a day so I could get more things done, but I'm satisfied with what I accomplished today. I recently read something about purging and things to remember when doing so. It went something like; get rid of everything you don't use, everything that is broken, everything that holds no value and anything that is not beautiful. I'll be keeping those things in mind as I continue to get rid of all the stuff I don't need, and simplify my life.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. I work up with lots of energy, I'd warned my family of the impending day of reckoning as it pertained to the removal of St. Nick and his minions, and you'd think that I'd removed their spleens with a spoon.

    Anyway, I'll follow you if you'll follow me! Happy New Year from Kevin Planchet at Momsnagpad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails