Friday, December 31, 2010

One Year Passes, Another Begins

It's New Year's Eve. The very last day that we will ever see 2010. Here I sit with my kids, all of us in our new Christmas PJ's, me typing away, them watching How to Eat Fried Worms on Netflix. It's just another night in our home, and it's just the way I like it. Last year I pretty much did the same thing, and spent New Years Eve with my little family. If we make it to midnight I will be very surprised, but it's not my goal. My goal for this evening is just to be. To surround myself with what matters most to me, and do the things we enjoy the most; being together, watching movies, snuggling, giggling, and not worrying about what the year has held or what the next year will bring. Yes, there are many exciting things already in the works that will play out in 2011 and if you continue to read my blog you will be able to follow along as those things unfold. But tonight that isn't my focus. I will wake up tomorrow like I wake up every other day, God willing. Tonight, well...tonight the highlights of my evening will be watching my son fall asleep in my arms, kissing my daughter's forehead and tucking her into bed, and making sure they both know how lucky I am to have them. That is something to celebrate.

All the best to all of you. Happy New Year :)

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails